July 2, 2008

Day 136

I had all intentions of scrapbooking this photo but ran out of time before work, so this is it. This is the second crockpot of pork and I've got one more pot to do tonight. Then it will all be mixed together in a roaster and the BBQ sauce added and cooked another hour. I got the mowing done last night and its a good thing, its raining now. They are calling for dry and a high of 82 for the fourth. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't change. Sounds like perfect weather!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Please tell me exactly how you do this. I have never made pork BBQ and have always wanted to. I have my fingers and toes crossed for good weather for you. Did you get tomorrow off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't know about the day off till 7 am. I have to call in and 'see' if they can run without me...I hate that!
    I'm using the ends off the loins. Jerri Ann gets them from her work for $1.00 a pound. Pretty cheap meat, huh? I put onion,beef bullion cubes, salt, pepper and garlic in the bottom of the crockpot, add the meat and then fill about 2/3 full of water. I cooked it for 12 hours today and it was tender as can be. Before the BBQ meal, I'll add the sauce and heat it all together for about an hour in the oven. I just finished putting my third chunk of meat in about an hour ago and will cook it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add...Bill and I had shredded pork sandwiches for supper and, even without the BBQ sauce, it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...