October 1, 2014

October Puts me in the Mood for Pumpkin!



This is on the menu for tonight...along with Maple Chicken Breast and a large garden salad. 

Pumpkin Pie Squares 
 
3/4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/3 cup Fat-free sour cream
2 Tbs. + 2 tsp. low calorie margarine ***
2 cups (one 15 ounce can) pumpkin
1 1/3 cups Carnation Non Fat Dry milk
1 (4-serving) package Sugar Free Vanilla Cook n Serve pudding
2 tsp. Jo's pumpkin pie spice
1 cup water
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup Splenda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.  In a medium bowl, combine the baking mix, oats, and Brown sugar blend. Add sour cream and 2 tablespoons margarine.  Mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly.  Press mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, add pumpkin, dry milk, pudding, pie spice and water. Mix well with a wire whisk.  Spread mixture evenly over warm crust.  Continue baking for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, melt the rest of the margarine in the microwave.  Stir in  the pecans and Splenda and sprinkle evenly over the filling and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

185 cal. 1g fat, 7g Pro, 28 g Carb, 163 mg Sod, 197 mg Cl, 3 g Fi.


I messed up with the margarine....put all of it in the crust when I was suppose to save out 2 tsp. for the nut mixture...then I melted too much margarine and my nuts and Splenda 'stuck' together so they don't look nice on the top.  I added a few more nuts to make it look prettier...but I will be cutting my servings into 9 instead of 8, so the extra pecans won't be too hard on my waistline!

I know you can't eat this with the Splenda but needed to post something!




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe will give it a try with sugar.
    It makes me so mad when I mess a recipe up and I do it quit often.But the taste is just fine....most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty darn good...Bill loved it as pumpkin is a fav of his! Kind of like eating a piece of pie but not....
    I'm so sad....I've been tearing vinyl siding off the garage and yesterday, I had my sneakers on that has my tracker attached to them....yep...lost the darn tracker! Guess I'll be re-ordering one! Shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know you had a tracker.....I always just wear mine on the waistband of my pants and have never had any problems with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had mine about 6 months....usually wear it on my sneakers but have worn it on my waistband once I come inside the house as we take our shoes off at the back door. I'm hoping its under the pile of vinyl siding that I haven't got banded yet for the trash man....will know this weekend when I finish it up. We got one garage door on last weekend and will put the other one up this weekend...then the siding man will be here next week. I hope to get it painted before cold weather hits. Course...I've got plans to travel to the lake in a couple weeks...(grin).

    I wish they would come up with a way to track your bike rides....I like to alternate my exercise with walks and rides but the tracker doesn't record the bike ride at all..its funny, it tracks my workout on the riding mower...LOL...I try and maintain 10,000 steps a day..doesn't happen every day but at least 5 days a week. I haven't been on a walk for 3 days now as I've been busy tearing off siding, in between the rain we are now getting. Today its not raining but it is windy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be able to manually track your bike rides. I get in 5,000 to 6,000 steps a day and my walking has gone from 10 minutes to between 30 and 50. As the weight slowly comes off I was hoping my knees would quit hurting but that's not happening yet. I really think all the walking is making them worse. They are starting to keep me awake at night and that makes me grumpy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...