January 30, 2015

Classic 65 Model

I changed my mind and decided to post this quickly before I went for my walk...if I didn't do it now, I would forget what papers I used...

My son in law turns 50 this Feb. and I wanted a manly card.  I bought the truck from the Silhouette store and it was made by Echo Park.  The paper that I used for the truck is also by Echo park called Very Merry Christmas...yes, Christmas paper works for other things..LOL.

The background map is by Carina Gardener from her Well Traveled Kit.  The road uses paper by Splendid Finn called Very Krafty (the ledgers).  The sign comes from One Little Bird out of the Pedal Pushers kit.  And lastly, the clock faces are done by Jenni Bowlin.  I wanted balloons to come out of the back of the truck but didn't want to actually use balloon icons.  Wanting to keep the manly feel, I thought the clocks worked for balloons and would also signify the passing of time.  I added the hands onto the clock faces by putting tiny brads though the back and using the prongs as the hands of the clock.  The truck is shaded with Tim Holtz distress ink in both Soot Black and Festive Berry. 

As usual, I printed everything on my Epson Premium Presentation Matte paper and then cut everything out again with white cardstock and glued the printed sections to the cardstock.  I did not do this to the background papers...they were just printed on the Epson paper and then adhered to the card base.  But the truck, clocks and sign are done in double layers to give it a sturdier feel.  I could have printed on the cardstock and eliminated a step but I LOVE the way the Epson paper takes ink...so beautiful!  These weren't even printed on my Epson (it was out of ink and the replacement won't be here till Tues.) I bought an All In One HP Envy printer about 6 months ago and when I ran out of ink (one cartridge) on the Epson, I used the Epson Presentation Paper in the Hp and was totally surprised to see how well it printed.  The only downfall to the HP...it will not print on my heavyweight cardstock...have to use the Epson for that.  But...I ran out of the color cartridge on the HP last night around 4:30...placed an order for both the color and black cartridges on the HP site around 5:30pm and guess what I got at 9:30am this morning..yep, you guessed it!  It was over nighted to me and didn't cost me a dime!  Well, the cost of the cartridges, of course, but no shipping charges!  Yahooo....

Ok, here is the shot...now I'm off for that walk!



Have a great weekend!!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. So very cute. Love the truck and the color and shading is perfect and the clocks was a great idea.
    You can tell you put a lot of thought into everything you do.....Mile No. 50 Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....after I 'finally' got my idea wrapped up, it was really fun to put together. Just had trouble finding the right combination of papers and such and then running out of ink in both printers at the same time wasn't good either!! LOL...I just happened onto the Mile No. sign when I was looking for the paper I had used on a previous card..

      Delete
    2. By reading you post I think most of the paper you used was digital scrapbook paper that you printed. Is that right? The truck was paper you bought.

      Delete
  2. No, sorry to confuse you....all the paper was digital, even for the truck. I have quite a bit of patterned scrapbook paper but I don't use it very often...seems like its always easier to use the digital paper I have because I can always use the color picker and make my borders, mats and such to match it or the kit comes with matching embellishments that I can use. Kind of hard to do that with physical scrapbook paper unless I scan it in and it never scans in the same colors..usually a shade or two off. I use tons of plain cardstock in colors but not much of the patterned paper. Bill is home today...drives me nuts! LOL...I LOVE my days by myself but he had almost 2 weeks of vacation days that had to be used up by today. Why he saves so many for winter is beyond me! I'd rather take them when I can be outside!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...