I made this to put over my fireplace. None of these are my ideas, they were all Pinterest finds. I use contact paper to make my stencils. I paint the base paint first and then lay the stencil down and Modge Podge around the letters to seal the edges so the paint doesn't seep underneath. Then I add my paint, let it dry and then remove the stencil and distress it with sandpaper. I really, really like making these. I made a sign for Randy to hang in his shop and one for Jerri Ann for her bedroom. Then I made one to give to the Marshall woman at our annual Christmas get together. I will be able to share a shot of the one I made for the woman because I'm making two more for my nieces who fought to get it at the get together but lost out. So...kind hearted me, I told them I would make them one each. I've got the signs put together and sanded, just need to paint and stencil. If I have my camera up to Jerri Ann's some day, I'll try and remember to take a pic of those two.
The colors are a bit off on this...the blue is a bit more subtle than it shows here. I'm really not good at taking photos anymore. I try and it looks really good on the back of the camera but once I upload them to the computer, they are lousy. I'm to the point where I'm thinking of selling my gear and just buying a point and shoot.
Ok, since I don't have any more signs to share, I do have 4 new cards I've worked up this month. January is really slow, card wise, but Feb. makes up for it. Only 4 birthdays in Jan. and there are 7 in Feb. plus Valentines day. Whew...I'd better get my butt in gear!
First is a birthday card for Bill's Aunt...Nothing really special about it...I used American Craft white cardstock and a file from the Silhouette Store. Since I wanted the cutout to 'remain' in the paper I had to edit the file to remove the outer border cut. I got this paper free with my Cardmaking magazine and liked the colors. Then I cut the happy out of some lavender shimmer card stock and glued it on the front. Rounded the corners and added Rhinestones. It didn't even cost me extra on postage. Yippee!
Next, I had to have birthday cards for two young boys...one is 14 and the other turns 11 tomorrow. I think I made them 4-wheeler cards last year too...LOL...
First one is for the 14 year old and I have no idea why it has a purple cast. I give up on editing photos...I'm just going to shoot jpg and take what the camera gives me! According to this image, the card is ugly but trust me...it looked cool! I was really impressed with how it turned out. The paper is by Vicki Robinson called Growth. Then I added some paint splatters. The 4-wheeler is an image I found online and traced and then cut it from black cardstock on the Cameo. Glittered up some stars, added some rhinestones and layered it all on some gray cardstock.
And the last one was for my favorite neighbor friend. I had got a tutorial on how to make a cutout with Photoshop to make a digital scrapbook page and decided to experiment with the Cameo and see if I could come up with something similar. I love how it turned out but need to figure out a way to keep everything straight. Since it all went on in sections, it was hard to 'line' it all up perfectly. The paper is digital and, of course, I have no idea who the designer is...I really, really, really need to add notes when I'm working on things. I have so many papers and I don't 'add' them to my program permanently, I just drag them into the shape I want, so I can't go back and see where I got the paper later. And my mind is horrible about retaining anything for longer than a few minutes at a time. But both papers came from the same designer, I'm sure. To create the snowman, I first made my three parts for the front. I determined the sizes I wanted to use, drew out the three rectangles and then selected the center and right sections and then butted up the edges. I then placed my snowman shape on top and directly centered over the splice between the two halves. Selected all of them and clicked on modify/subtract all. When I moved the two rectangle shapes away from each other, the snowman shape was cut out of each half. I'm having trouble telling this so it makes sense....sorry! Anyway, then I filled my shapes with the digital papers, printed them out and then cut them on the Cameo. I added double sided foam tape to the backs and lined them up as best I could on the front of my card. Oh, forgot.....I added the white snowflakes to the solid center paper, chose 'no cut' so it would print only. The white stitching is done with my white gel pen by hand after I had it cut out. Cut a snowflake out of double sided adhesive sheets so I could add glitter and then swirled some twine, added a pearl, some buttons and it was done. Pretty cute, if I do say so myself!
That's all for now...need to get more cards done! If you have any questions, just ask...I know I'm not good at instructing!