May 30, 2015

Banana Nut Bread


Two posts in one week.....What is going on here I don't know. I just thought it would be nice to do a post with the banana bread that I made from the banana's that were in the pink peony post. I made two loaf's one with my regular recipe that has 283.5 calories per slice and this one that has 147 calories per slice. Big difference. Brent liked both but this is the one he will be getting from now on. Found this recipe on Spark Recipe board and I like it just as well if not better than my regular recipe. Very moist. I do think it's a little sweet so may cut the sugar down from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup. I added a hand full of walnuts but nuts are good for you.....Right......and I used unsweetened applesauce.
You can find the recipe here Spark Banana Bread Recipe Make sure you read all the comments to get some good ideas to change it around some.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I know you aren't used to me posting at all but I did not once but twice in one week. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct....I didn't even think to check the blog this week. But then, I haven't read email since the 30th of May either...just been busy outside. Today it is raining, so thought I'd catch up on bill's and emails. I saw your recipe for the banana bread on Facebook...(I browse it at night on my Ipad in front of whatever Bill is watching on tv). It sounds a lot like all of Joanna's banana bread recipes except I use the Splenda. I made four loaves last week and put them in the freezer. Bill likes to have a piece at work each morning with his coffee. This is a awesome shot of the bread...like the wood background and the addition of the dish towel. Oh, yeah! Walnuts make everything better...My son in law doesn't get me...I want raisins and nuts in everything I eat....and I mean everything! He only likes nuts by the handful and no raisins. I have to remember this and make my stuff half nuts and half without...LOL...

      Delete
    2. confused....does this make one bread loaf pan? If so, aren't the slices super skinny when cut into 12 slices? My recipes are cut into 8 slices.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...