April 22, 2011

Where I've been lately!!!

Just letting you know I'm still here, just been busy as a beaver....my nephew is getting married in June and they wanted me to do the invitations.  They had some pictures taken and uploaded them to me but they were very poor resolution, thus not useable for print so I made a flying trip to St. Joseph on Sat. afternoon and we had a small photo shoot.  I was happy with most of the images...some could have been improved on and I really need to learn how to pose them better but all in all, we come up with some pretty fair stuff...So...here is their invitation as it stands right now. I'm waiting on approval from them before I send the final file to his mom for printing.  She is going to print them at her work place as it will take me way too long.  So...these could change but you get the idea!  LOL


These are a trifold invitation with the top being the outside of the invitation and the bottom one being the inside. I've been looking it over more and I'm thinking I'll change the font of their names on the inside to match the font on the outside.  Will see what they think first!

It's raining cats and dogs today...hope it clears out by tomorrow as I want to do some more painting.  I want to get the second coat on the house before my Spring vacation.  I've got 3 more sides to do!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice work...Love all the images and the layout. I do agree I would change the font and I would have taken the fire hydrant out of her picture on the bottom right. I think this is a job for you to be proud of. Of course all of your jobs are.

    It's been raining here for days, a day of sun and 2 of rain. Water standing everywhere. I even have a small amount in my basement and that hasn't happened in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words but mostly, thank you for your eyes! I never even noticed the fire hydrant! LOL.....guess I was too busy working on her. I had to swap her head from another image cause the wind had blown her hair completely over one eye in this one. This shot was really just a practice shot to see how the light would fall. Jared had ran up to my truck to get another lenses and we were just playing with settings. But...Jared LOVED this image and wanted it on the invite.

    I've uploaded the corrected version. Does it look better now? Do you see anything else that should be changed?

    The image of the two of them on top of each other is much cooler in full image view. They are laying on the railroad tracks and wanted it all in B/W except for them. I'm going to have that shot printed up big for them to hang on their wall. I wish I could figure out how to get the background metered correctly AND still use my flash to correct the exposure on them. My skies would blow out. I'm sure there is a way, I just don't know how yet. If I got the sky right, they were too dark and I tried combining two images in Photoshop but couldn't get it to look good. I guess that is something I need to practice with Darby the next time. She is pestering me to go out and shoot pics again but I'm just too busy right now or its always raining.

    Don't you love how my nephew is dressed? LOL...he is a true born farmer and welder and this is as dressed up as he gets. I can't wait to see him at the wedding!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hydrant was one of the first things I noticed. The other thing that caught my eye is all of the images are centered and fill the frame except her. My eyes go straight to the bottom right maybe that is why the hydrant jumped out at me. Like the font better more casual to match his clothing....LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...