November 7, 2012

Halloween Projects (finally)

I know its a week after Halloween but I'm so slow and I am a world class procrastinator!  Anyway, first up is the treats I made up for the grands up north.


The sliding boxes are for the girls and they have necklaces inside of them.  The poison jar is for Jack and its full of candy and then each one of them got a Hershey bar wrapped with a skeleton.  The poison jar is a cut file called Toil and Trouble from SVG cuts.  It was a bear to assemble but once I made this one, the second one was much easier.  I think all the images are cut files from the Silhouette store. The paper is mostly from Echo Park (I think). The skeleton came in pieces that you cut out and put together with brads but I welded them together instead...didn't want to brad 44 of them...LOL...the label on the wrapper was bought from the Silhouette store but I had to do some massive re-working of it to get it to print and cut nice.  The first print and cut was jagged and uneven.  I re-worked the borders around it and once I'd done that, it printed out perfectly and cut exactly on the lines.  The girls loved their boxes...mom took one to work and her co-workers are wanting to buy some but I don't think I want to do it for money....like doing it for fun instead!
I found out, with the Potion Jar cut file. that I had to set my blade pretty high so it just barely scored the score lines.  If not, it actually was cutting through the cardstock and I did not like that look.  I did an ungroup and ungrouped the score lines from the cut lines...fed the cardstock through the cutter twice, once to cut and then once to score, changing the height of my blade for each pass.  The second jar that I made for Gavin came out much better.

This next image is of the Potion Jar I made for Gavin and a card I made for my friend.  I ended up making 44 of the skeleton bars...20 for Gavin's class, 15 for Jerri Ann's co-workers and the rest for me to give to friends of mine.


and a close up of the three projects.


I had to draw my own boots....couldn't find any that I liked. I just drew them on paper and then colored them and cut them out. Don't look real close...my cutting was not too good and my boots are different sizes....LOL..


I made this label with stuff off the internet...bird, the skull was a font and so was the swirl at the bottom.  Printed off on white stock, aged with distress ink and mounted on black.  The spider web was a cut file from the Silhouette store. They were running all their Halloween files at 75¢ so I bought quite a few.  This was one month when I should have paid the monthly fee of 9.99 but didn't!


I welded the skeleton together, then off set him so I could have the black background and ran him though my Xyron to apply adhesive.  Gavin stuck him to the background and he did a really good job!  Used paper from Echo Park the Apothecary Emporium. I had a 6 x 6 pad of this paper but you can buy it from Jessica Sprague as digital plus the kit for the label. This is the label I had to re-work to get it to print and cut properly. 

And this little guy?  Well, it would be Gavin back in the stone age...Jerri Ann and I made the costume.


and last...I needed a birthday gift for my beautician.  She is a cowgirl at heart so I wanted to do something along that line.  I got this idea from Lisa Johnson


I found a horse font, used paper that I printed off from Albums2Remember by Barb called Summer Fun and used a cut file for the stars.  I was running late for my appointment (on her birthday) so had to hurry up and write the inside message by hand...LOL..

That's all for now!  Going for my walk and then work on a birthday card.

....
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. At least you are posting something!

    Your Halloween project are so cute and you had to make so many,no wonder it took awhile. The poison jars and sliding boxes look very complicated but adorable. I think the skeleton candy wrappers turned out super cute.

    Gavin looks just like he has stepped back in time. Nice work on the costume.

    Great Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm making three Halloween treats right now....my best friends grandkids are coming this weekend and I'm treating them. I'm not making anything too complicated..just bought a couple cut files and following other ladies designs. I've got to finish up the last one and then will post them. Also need to finish the birthday card.

    The boxes are getting much easier...the more I make the easier they get and the potion bottle was only hard the first time. After that it was super easy to put the second one together. SVG cuts does an awesome job with their cut files.

    Thanks again....I miss your post, BTW...its usually me that goes forever between posts, not you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your next post.

    I can't find anything that I'm interested in enough to post about. I started a recipe card for beef stew that I made last week and never did finish it. I guess I'm just in a rut.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...