October 7, 2013

Sweet Sixteen



Well, its done and posted....LOL....a first in my book as I've never started, finished and posted a card all in the same day!

I had a kit of papers by Katie Pertiet and just copy and pasted the preview page into my Silhouette program...this brings it right onto my page that I'm working on.  I knew I wanted to use some embossing folders, so didn't really want to do pattern fills...just wanted the colors out of Katie's kit.  I made me a color sampler and then used a card sketch from My Favorite Things.  I also bought the card sketch into the program the same way...copy/paste and then I used it as a template to make my shapes. This is the sketch I kind of used...changed it up just a bit.


















And this is the kit I borrowed colors from:




and this is the card I came up with...she is a girly girl and pink really suits her. I remember taking a photo of her when she was about 2 that I was going to scrapbook a page of Pretty in Pink but never got it done. I'm off to the grocery store!



Have a Wonderful day!!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card for a 16 year old. Love it and I'm sure Darby will love it too. The color combination is great and that little pink bow is perfection.

    You really know your way around the Silhouette machine. I have trouble remembering how to turn it on. Was going to make a leaf banner and never
    got around to it.

    What is wrong with this blog??? Everything is down the page to far and the older posts are not on this page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hummm...wondering if I didn't screw something up when I copied and pasted the template and kit preview in...I just pasted instead of bringing it in though the image section. I'll post something else and see what happens!

      Thanks for the kudos! Some days I think I know my way around it and other days I don't think I have a clue! But, I am getting better and I do love it.....But, I need more memory for my laptop...its has quite a time running the Silhouette program and Photoshop.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...