December 8, 2013

Christmas Cards for 2013

Finally got these finished up yesterday and will start the addressing part this afternoon.  I have to have them in the mail or take them to mom's with me and I don't really want to drag them all down there.  So, hopefully, they will go in the mail tomorrow morning before I leave.  We are getting snow today, so I probably won't leave till noon or later to give them time to get the highways cleared. I was going to haul my mower down to Marshall to get it worked on but if the snow gets any heavier, I won't be doing that....just don't want to pull a trailer in the slick conditions.  It's bad enough that I have to drive in it!  I never gave it much of a second thought when I did it every winter but now I really dread it!

Ok....you will just have to guess which card is coming your way....I'm going to post all four that I made.  I ended up making 60 cards, 4 designs.  It made it easier to sit and assemble when I knew I only had so many of each to make....next year, I might make 10 of each design...

First up:  My favorite of the bunch!

The background was downloaded from Flicker from raidensgrammie21.  It printed out beautifully on my Neenah linen paper stock...which reminds me, I finally need to order a new box of this.  I bought this box way back in the Computer Craft forum days and I'm just now getting close to the bottom...its been so worth the price!  The nativity scene was purchased off the Sihouette Online store and was made by the extremely talent Lori Whitlock.  All I did to it was trace the star so that I could have a separate cut.  The Nativity was cut from AC black cardstock and the star was cut from Recollections, Holiday Glitzy Glitter cardstock.  Both cut fabulously on the Cameo. The Oh Holy Night is cut out of the music background paper and I added rhinestones to the 'O's'. I distressed the edges of the music background with ink and scissors and then I layered it all up on my Neenah linen cardstock.  I made 24 of these as they were the easiest to make.

Next up is a card I found on Pinterest a year ago and had wanted to duplicate.  Forgive the off tint....lighting was super bad this snowy morning!



 
It is layered on Neenah linen stock and the background is AC white that I ran though my Cuddlebug with a Darice Brickwall embossing folder.  I like how the texture on the AC cardstock really makes the brick look authentic.  Without the texture, it just looked like plain rectangles.  I purchased the Christmas tree from Silhouette, also made by Lori Whitlock. I had purchased one earlier made by Echo Park and it was a disaster!  I had to downsize it to fit my card and all it did was tear up my cutting mat....I'm learning to beware of those files!  Lori's file downsized perfectly and cut like a charm.  Because I only needed part of the tree, I erased the part that would have been behind the wall and just cut the part that shows.  I added red glitter glue and white liquid pearls for Christmas balls.  The window was made by Jennifer Wambach, another talented cut file lady.  I traced the inner dimensions onto the brick panel and cut it out before I embossed the brick. I backed the window with velum and used dimensionals to the header on the window.  The poinsettia was made by Lori too...I used red AC cardstock and gold rhinestones.  

I adhered the brick layer first, glued the tree inside the cutout and then added the window with dimensionals. Added the greenery and flower and the cards was complete....whew...it takes longer to say how I made them then it did to make!  LOL

The third card.....I received this card in the mail last week from Goody's department store.  It had a Christmas gift card inside and I liked the pretty colors...so, I 're-created' it with my Cameo.  Drew the bird and then used a Christmas ball from my files but can't come up with the creator....I made the background with blue color and snowflakes and just printed it off...then I distressed the edges with white caulk....trying to give it a snowy look but the blue ink kind of made dirty snow...LOL...cut out the bird, wing, branch, ornament, snowflakes and mistletoe and just glued it all on....I liked how it turned out and its a close runner up with my fav. 

The snowflakes have glitter added to them, the ornament is cut out of blue/white and red and then glued together and topped with Crystal Laquer to give it a shiny ornament look.  I added the white to the wing and eye with my white gel pen.  

And now, last and my least favorite...I loved this truck...really loved it and I might give it another go next year but I do not care for these dark colors.  I'm a traditional Christmas gal...love my greens and reds and this just looks blah to me.  The truck was from a scrapbook kit called A Whole Lotta Xmas by Shabby Miss Jenn and I love the kit, just don't like what I did with it...LOL...

I traced the pickup in Silhouette Studio and then did a print and cut to cut it out.  Cut and printed packages with scrapbook paper and added the pine tree so it looked like it was being hauled in the back of the truck.  Added rhinestones and glitter and liquid pearl to finish it off.  The background paper is from Pink Petticoat and that is what I don't like...its just too dark for my liking but I was running out of time and patience...so 12 people will be subject to looking at it...poor folks!  It's not that bad but definitely not my best work!



Keep your fingers crossed that mom is doing ok, so I don't feel guilty about coming home next Friday!

BTW....still haven't got shots of the house...its been too windy to take pics and now its too cold...I'm going to give it another go tonight if the wind dies down but don't hold your breath!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I really love all of these so it won't matter which one comes my way. You do beautiful work so glad I'm going to get one.
    Have some fun with your Mom and don't work to hard. Hope she gets along fine.

    We had snow yesterday but it's raining today. Hope it doesn't freeze. I may take some snaps around the house today.

    Again lovely work thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...