August 29, 2010

Late August Blooms




I captured this, early this morning, whilst waiting for my one hummingbird to return.  I saw it once but by the time I got the camera up to my eye, it was gone.  I hear it a lot when I'm sitting in my chair but don't see it very often.  I should get a hummingbird feeder but he/she likes my flowers and comes back for them.

I like the red of this geranium but it hasn't bloomed as much as I would have liked.  Course, it doesn't get full sun and I think they really prefer it.  It gets hot, afternoon sun but not till after 3 pm and its only for about 4 hours.

The flowers have done fair this summer but not outstanding...was just way too hot and humid, even for them.  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...