This is the frame.....I have about $10.00 in the whole thing. I picked up the frame at our local thrift store coming in at $5.00. I then went to Lowe's and bought a sample jar of paint in the cream color, sanded down the frame and gave it two coats of base cream color. Sanded off the edges and spots I wanted the stain to show through on and then topped it all off with glazing that I swirled on and then wiped off. The roses are made by me from burlap and felt and then I just added a few burlap leaves and some buttons and pearls...just to dress it up a bit. The mat used to be black and white but I didn't like the look so I painted it with three coats of the cream paint and then swirled glazing on the top....the little brown edging was done with my colored markers. I think it made it look a little bit like wood grain and really finished the frame off. I purchased a piece of white poster board and a piece of black. The white you can see and it is for the guest to sign around the picture and the black was used to finish off the back of the frame so it looked nicer since it will be sitting on an easel and the back will show. I took their pictures and don't like it but its the best of the lot and has to do. I had to remove her double chin, thin her down a bit (per her request...lol) and then had to swap heads with Jim since he was smirking in the one that she liked of her. I worked it over a dozen times and still am not happy with it but have ran out of time. Below is a closeup of the roses.
and next is the favors....I made the box to fit my candy bars in Silhouette Studio, cut them out of kraft cardstock from PaperTreyInk and then wrapped the lid with burlap. The flowers are made with little yellow AC cardstock that I printed some vintage text on before cutting them on the cutter. I believe the flower is by Lori Whitlock...but don't quote me on that....the leaves were printed on some paper from Recollections Habitat collection. I needed more than I had, so scanned the paper in and printed on my printer. I can't ever get it to match completely but it was close enough once it was cut into leaves. I then scored the leaves to looked like there were veins and curled the flowers. This took me the longest time as it was very time consuming. It took most of the day to print and cut them out and then I'd work on them and watch TV. The candy bars are wrapped in cream paper with the vintage text printed on them and then the top layer has Jim & Iola printed on each candy bar and the bottom layer has thanks for coming. There are 6 miniature candy bars in each box with gives me the two layers. The label is printed on kraft cardstock and I used the print and cut feature to cut them out and they are tied on with some twine. I sure hope she likes what I did, as she hasn't seen them yet.
We need to get ready to go and the power just went off.....dang it!