November 4, 2008

Day 243

I was playing around with my camera this morning...trying to figure out how to lock my exposure and then up it by one stop. I'm still not sure I understand the concept but at least I know how I'm suppose to do it...LOL..anyway. I was taking photos of my stained glass and when I opened them in my photo viewer program, I notice how orange the flowers were and how yellow the fence was. The first image on the left is the jpg image, straight out of camera except for cropping and downsizing. The right image is my raw file after I processed it. I chose to use the auto process and then used my medium contrast and sharpened by 25. After processing into PS, all I did was crop, downsize and then used the smart sharpened to enhance it a bit more. The raw file is almost exactly the same color as my subject other than its a bit duller and should be brighten up a bit more. This was quite an eye-opener for me as I didn't realize my colors were off this much in the jpg files. So...I'll continue to shot in raw+jpg until I get much better at processing the raw files and then I'll probably switch to all raw. I'm headed outside to pick up leaves before the rains move in tomorrow. I miss you but understand that you are busy!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your finished image looks good but why was you jpg image so far off? What is your white balance set at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, it is so good to hear from you again. I was beginning to think you had fell off the edge of the world.

    I'm not sure why my jpg images are that far off. I use cloudy +2 for my white balance. This is the first time I've noticed it being that far off. I had noticed on the day I was taking Darby's pictures, that a pink wall came out a bit orange but didn't think any more about it until I was working on shooting the stained glass. I'll be adjusting the photos of Darby so that the pink wall is pink.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...