December 13, 2012

Christmas Card 2012

I am so glad the last of these are done.  I ended up mass producing 58 of them with envelopes.  The envelopes gave me a fit!  The first one I worked on for most of a full morning, only to print and cut it and it was WAY to small...guess I didn't know what a Baronial envelope was.  I bought the file and just printed and cut it to the size it was....back to the drawing board!  LOL The envelope you see here was by Lori Whitlock and it fit my card perfectly.  I had to do some tricking to the program to get that diamond paper to only print on the flap.  It wanted to fill the whole envelope.  It took all day to do the envy's.  I had to wait forever on my printer as its on the network and doesn't like being used...I'd type in my address, send it to the printer, wait for the dialogue box to come up (long wait) and then wait on it to 'send'...once it was sent, it didn't take any time at all to print and it all cut perfectly on the cutter. I started this printing process at 11:00 am and the last envelope came out of the printer at 4:30...(58 envelopes)....took less than 45 minutes to load each one of them in the cutter and cut them out.  Too bad my printer doesn't work as fast.  I really want to buy new wireless one but can't afford the 400.00 right now.  My HP is wireless but its only letter size and I needed the wide format for this project. Some day...

The card and envelope were designed completely in Studio Design Edition.  The paper is from Designs by Dani from her A lot like Christmas kit.  The snowflake and ornament were from the Silhouette store and were designed by Samantha Walker...I think....I know the ornament is by Samantha but in my mind the snowflake is by Lori Whitlock.  The Silhouette did a great job of printing and cutting. I can not image doing this with scissors anymore.  It took forever to cut the snowflakes but was well worth it cause they really set the card off.  I added glitter glue to them after they were cut. The sentiment banner I made myself.  Designed in the program and then sent it to the printer and cutter. 


I'm sorry I've rambled on and on and still haven't made any sense but here is the card!  If you have any questions, just ask....maybe I can answer better than explaining...LOL



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on this but it sounds like way to much work. Can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a beautiful card in the mail today. I can believe all the work you put into it. Just Lovely.....Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got it...yes, it was way too much work but it went fairly fast once I got to going. I basically cut everything that I needed and then sat in front of the tv to watch the holiday movies while I assembled them. Next year, I give myself a LOT more time!

    Thank you and you are welcome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...