February 10, 2012

Tutorial for the Red Heart Card

I started with an 8 ½ x 11 Basics Kraft Cardstock from PaperTrey Ink. Cut it in half at 5.5 and then scored it at 4.25.  This gave me two cards to work with, measuring 5.5 x 4.25.  I then cut a piece of Pure Poppy Perfect Match cardstock at 4.25 x 2 and adhered it with a glue runner on the left hand side.  The stitching on the Pure Poppy is a white gel pen and I just 'stitched' around the edge. Super easy and quicker then using the sewing machine. The heart was cut out of Raspberry Fizz Mix Patterned Paper Collection by PaperTrey Ink. It was cut at 4 inches on the Cricut, using the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge. I then cut the white heart out of Neehah Solar White Linen stock at 4.25 using the same heart from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.

Next I wrapped Rustic Cream Button Twine from PaperTrey ink around the heart and just tied a knot at the middle of the front and trimmed the ends.  From here, I used Pop Dots to place the flowered heart on top of the white heart. Then I used a glue runner to place both hearts on the front of the card. I'm not completely sure but I believe the buttons came from PaperTrey Ink also and were their Pure Poppy collection.

I used my dictionary to scan the Valentine definition into my computer...you can tell by the dark edge on the left that it was in the 'fold' of the book...I'd like to have not had this dark edge but was not going to tear the page out of the dictionary to scan it...need to find me an old dictionary that I can do that with...I then printed this out and cut the Valentine definition out into a strip and banner cut the end.  I used some Distress ink from Tim Holtz called old paper on the edges along with some dark walnut. I slipped the banner under the twine and added a small pop dot under the banner beside the twine.  This adhered the banner but still allowed me to curve the ends up.

I finished with three more of the Pure Poppy buttons that I attached with tiny glue dots and then used my corner chomper at 1/4 inch to round the corners.

I love all the products I've bought from PaperTrey Ink because they go together so well.  You can buy ribbon, buttons and paper in one collection and they match up perfectly.  I could spend a fortune at this site.  The cardstock is the best cardstock for cards I've seen besides the Neehah and the colors are just awesome.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...