September 29, 2008

Day 226

Well, here is my practice photo on using the white reflector. It's not the best but better than I thought I was getting from the LCD on the back on my camera. On there, it looked way too dark. I used ISO 200, had a shutter speed of 1/400 and an aperture of 1.7. In my mind, I think I should have used the tripod and lowered my ISO to 100 and slowed down my shutter speed to let in more light but I was able to savage the photo with PS by adjusting my levels and adding some contrast and brightness. I thought I had a piece of white foam board but I didn't so I had to use a small piece of poster board and it wasn't bright enough or big enough to do away with all the shadow. Plus, I don't have any 'good' window light. I have too many trees around the house and couldn't convince Bill to go outside. LOL...he will kill me if he finds out I posted his picture to the blog.. Anyway, this is the best I got. I took this in front of an east sliding glass door around 2 in the afternoon. Had it been closer to noon, I might have had better light at that door.
I was happy to be able to 'see' the reflection on the dark side of his face, so I know if I'd had a bigger, brighter piece of foam board or a good reflector, it would have been better.

I've searched for over an hour and cannot find this kit again. I was thinking it was a free kit from Vinnie Pearce but can't find it in my files. I'm thinking my computer is starting to do some very strange things. I'll have to edit the post later if and when I find out the information.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on this and I will never tell Bill that his on the Blog.....LOL
    As soon as I get back from vacation I'm ordering a reflector.

    I have seen this kit but I don't remember where. If I do I'll let you know.

    I think this turned out to be a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say "Bill has beautiful blue eyes".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a free one and you got it here http://vinniepearce.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it was a Vinnie Pearce but still can't find it in my files. I hope I haven't accidentally deleted it during my re-organization. I know its not in my Vinnie Pearce file. I'll keep looking! Yes, he does have beautiful blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...